Date(s) - 01/07/2015 - 02/07/2015
ALDE SUMMER ACADEMY 2015
A Europe that Works for Young People
Brussels, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT, 01-03 July 2015
This 2015 edition of ALDE Group’s Summer Academy aims at explaining what our parliamentarian group represents and discussing solutions to get our continent growing and youth working.
It will be an occasion to understand how the ALDE Group’s galaxy works for us: our parliamentarian group, its two European political parties, their political foundations, their youth organisations, as well as our group at the Committee of the Regions.
We want to be given the tools to understand and confront the problem that most affect our generation: unemployment. For that we will approach issues such as brain drain, mobility, free trade, entrepreneurship and apprenticeship.
During these two days of intensive work, young Liberals and Democrats will gather in Brussels to work and network for a Europe that works for young people!
Number of Places: 60 LYMEC + 20 YDE
Participation fee: No participation fee
Accommodation: two nights free of charge (1st and 2nd of July). All participants will be in double rooms, we do not provide or upgrade rooms to single. LYMEC and ALDE can not book you extra nights in the hotel.
Meals covered: Lunch and dinner on the 2nd, all coffee breaks included
Venue of the meeting: European Parliament, Bruxelles
Hotel: Thon Hotel EU, rue de la Loi 75 – metro Arts-Loi or Maalbeek; bus station Place du Luxembourg
Number of participants: 60 LYMEC + 20 YDE
Minimum age: 18 years of age
- All participants travelling from within the EU will be reimbursed for their travel for up to 300 EUR
- All participants travelling from outside the EU will be reimbursed for their travel for up to 400 EUR
- Reimbursement will be organised by bank transfer, no cash reimbursement will be possible
- Reimbursement will take place once ALL of the original receipts, boarding passes, invoices are sent to ALDE group (including the boarding pass for the return flight from Brussels)
- Train tickets (2nd class) for distance less than 500 km.
- Car costs are reimbursed according the cost of a 2nd class train ticket.
- Remember that only local public transport (tram, bus train) – (NOT TAXI) is refunded.
- Travel refunds will be dealt directly by ALDE Group. Any questions about your travel refunds should be directed to ALDE Group directly not to LYMEC or YDE.